Peter and Jessica Gross are on a truth-seeking quest to Accra, Ghana. Follow us on our wild African adventures:

Insurance negotiations (ker-sploosh) !! Dropped cell phone calls (thwack) !! - and - Visits to the pub (zowie) !!

Ok, so maybe a little heavy with the irony. But even though this is just another place, and ours is just another story, we wanted to share it with you. So enjoy, and don't forget to drop us a line every so often. We're thankful for you!

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 23, 2010

A few pictures for your viewing pleasure

I'm taking some time off from the blog to finish my last requirement to graduate from business school: a white paper on "any subject related to international business," according to my friendly academic adviser. The paper is intended to fulfill the school's vaunted international requirement, which can be addressed by: A) this paper, or B) an alcohol-infused, one-week trip to a business school outside the US.

The reader will note two things from these stipulations: first, that I chose the option with the least alcohol, and second, that the school expects a drinking vacation with a few business lectures to create a globally-aware graduating class.

Neither of these points, it may be said, sits very well with me. I couldn't go on the international business exposure trip because - get this - I actually took a job internationally. To add insult to injury, though, this year the trip was destined for Santiago, Chile - rocked by an earthquake five days before the trip was due to leave. Understandably, school administrators decided to cancel the trip and waive the requirement for my those of my classmates who were due to travel there. Equally understandably, in my view, I wrote from Ghana to ask for my requirement to be waived as well, so that I could get on with the work of serving as a school ambassador in my international work.

The administrators didn't budge - so, instead of another blog posting, you get pictures for now, until I finish my little project. Enjoy!

(FYI - if the links below aren't clickable, just copy and paste them into your browser.)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=437020&id=533250187&l=86ea3f3a38

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=410046&id=533250187&l=c02bfab88b

2 comments:

  1. so you experience first hand injustice and must now decide if you will extend grace to those who do not understand what they do. Not much new stateside. Last week of school for the boys, Kristin defended here proposal successfully :), used mom's deepfrier to make french fries before she takes it away next week, and changed over to the Baptist church - so far so good. Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah man, I heard about the church change - the church sounds wonderfully centrist. And hey - french fries and thesis proposals? You guys are having too much fun without us!

    ReplyDelete